Jean M. Lawler
Based in Southern CA, I have mediated numerous business, tort and insurance cases, at both trial and appellate levels, involving a wide range of issues. I would tell you if asked that: “I absolutely love what I do! I would be honored to serve as your Mediator.”
My legal experience has been diverse and international – ranging from insurance coverage/bad faith, tort, business, professional liability and complex commercial litigation, to ADA litigation and evolving risks such as data breach, cyber & privacy liability. When in practice I represented corporations, professionals, non-profits, individuals and insurers in a broad range of matters, at trial and on appeal. I have a deep knowledge of the insurance industry, insurance policies and the various risks they insure (primary, excess, reinsurance, program, surplus lines, London Market and international insurers). Having served as Managing Partner of my former law firm, I am also well versed in business issues. At various times I chaired the firm’s Insurance Law, Cyber & Privacy Law, International Law, and Business & Real Estate Transactions practice groups.
I am honored to be a Fellow and Founding Regent of the American College of Coverage Counsel and a Past President of both the FDCC and of the Insuralex Global Insurance Lawyers Group (Chambers-Band 1), and am pleased to serve on the Mediation Panels of NAM (National Arbitration & Mediation), the Beverly Hills Bar Association, the USDC for the Central District of CA and the California Court of Appeals, 2nd District.
– I know civil + commercial litigation, insurance policies, the insurance industry and how to get cases settled.
– My 40+ years as a lawyer, 37+ of those having been in private practice, allows me as a mediator to quickly
understand and simplify the challenges of complex litigation, to facilitate resolutions that make sense to the parties.
– My mediation approach is personalized to adapt to the needs of each matter. I am a fan of pre-mediation conference
calls, factual clarity, practicality and openness to creative solutions.
– I have extensive experience in conducting online, virtual mediations.
– I enjoy a high rate of success in helping lawyers and their clients settle their cases.