I started my career as a lawyer, and transitioned into mediation when I realized that my skills were better suited to settling cases than fighting them. Now, I mainly work with groups – start-up companies, homeowners’ associations, creative collaborators, and teams and organizations of all kinds. I help them resolve disputes, improve communication, and find ways to work more productively together. I usually walk into a group of people ready to go their separate ways, and I am always amazed as I watch them solve the problems that seemed so impossible on day one.
Examples of groups that I work with:
– start-up companies
– art, music, and other creative collaborators
– business partners or others who have a specific dispute to resolve or a general desire to collaborate more productively
– co-workers who need help getting along or working more efficiently together
– family businesses where personal and business issues overlap
– groups that need help coming together for a common purpose
Education: Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University (Master of Dispute Resolution, 2016). Pepperdine University School of Law
(Juris Doctor & Certificate in Dispute Resolution, 2007) Cum Laude, Top 15%. University of Massachusetts, Amherst Commonwealth College Honors Program
(BA English & Minor in Psychology, 2004) Summa cum Laude, President’s Award in English.
Other Distinctions: Practicing attorney (CA, 2007). Selected to the 2016 and 2017 California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars list. Selection process described here. Member of the Pepperdine/Straus American Inn of Court for Dispute Resolution. Received the American Jurisprudence Award for Corporations (first in class). Dispute Resolution Law Journal Staff Member.